AWR and Hernia Symposium
Join us for the next event in the UBC General Surgery Academic Symposium series: “AWR and Hernia Symposium” on Friday, November 24, 2023.
The first half of the day will be a series of presentations and case discussions followed by cadaver lab and small group talks at the SIM Centre in the second half of the day.
- Review the approach to management of inguinal hernias
- Review approach to acute hernia surgery
- Review management of recurrent inguinal hernias
- Review patient optimization prior to elective hernia repair
- Review guidelines of management of incisional hernias
- Review approach to chronic groin pain
- Review surgical techniques in management of inguinal and incisional hernias
Location and Time
Time: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
07:30 AM – 01:00 PM, Room 9299(9th Floor), Diamond Health Care Centre, VGH
01:00 PM – 04:30 PM, VGH SIM Centre Lab
Format and Fees
Attendance is in person, lunch and refreshments are provided.
- Residents and Fellows – free
- Surgeons – $100
Note for surgeons and fellows: Please let us know if you would be interested in attending the afternoon cadaver lab session as there is limited spot availability in the lab.
Register online by November 3rd REGISTRATION OPEN!
For any additional Information, please reach out to Jyotica Saini on